- Web: http://www.federicocarrone.com
- Github: https://github.com/unbalancedparentheses/
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/federicocarrone
- Blog: https://medium.com/this-is-not-a-monad-tutorial
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/unbalancedparen
After working for more than 10 years as a tech lead, developer, system administrator, tester, QA engineer and teacher for startups, independently and for top 500 Fortune, I decided to work as a freelancer. I am working mostly in web and APIs services design and implementation.
Developer, 2013 - 2014
- Designed, estimated, implemented, maintained, tested new and established products for startups and companies.
- Worked mostly on the backend services and the administration web sites, generally implementing RESTful JSON APIs and internal microservices.
Technical leader, 2011 - 2013
- Designed, developed and led bootstrapped startup.
- Managed and trained multiple development teams. Interpreted technical requirements of our clients and executed the corresponding recruitment. Provided constant technical support for developers and system administrators of the company.
Development team leader, 2011
- Trained a team of developers in Ruby and Ruby on Rails for working with the biggest airline metasearch engine in Latin America.
Modular Messaging Tier 3 Engineer, 2010
Technologies: Linux, Windows Server
- Administration, troubleshooting (log analysis, performance tuning, problems in integrations with PBXs) and technical support for messaging application, Windows and Linux servers.
Faculty of Engineering, University of Buenos Aires
Teaching Assistant, 2007 - 2011
Technologies: Pascal, C, Python
- Teaching assistant of programming course for first year students of Computer Engineering carrer using Pascal, C and Python to teach basic algorithms and data structures.
HP - Sun Microsystems/Oracle
Solaris/Unix System Administrator, 2009 - 2010
- Administration of the full range of Sun Microsystems Solaris's servers.
Instituto Nuestra Señora de Las Nieves
Computer Science Teacher 2008
- Teacher of computer science for last year high scool's students.
Network Technician 2005 - 2006
- Server and network administration.
Infrastructure: Linux, BSD, Ansible, Docker, SmartOS, AWS, Digital Ocean
Interests: Functional programming (Erlang, Lisp, OCaml, Elm, Haskell), Distributed systems, Language design and implementation, Kernel programming, Design